Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Brazilians and Soccer


I think the World Cup is very good because it's very fun. I know there are some people who think soccer in Brazil is the "opium of the people", but I disagree. The Brazilians are the problem. It isn't soccer itself. The problem is ignorance.When people are ignorant, anything can be used to manipulate things: religion, sports...

I generally watch the games in my friend's house.

I don't have any superstitions to watch the games. In fact, I have one: to drink beer! I don't know if it gives us any luck, but I think it's good.

I think the Brazilian Team will be the champion.

Aboré

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Fútbol as "the opiate of the people": I can see why some people might feel that way. However, I can also see soccer as a way of showing support for Brazilians as a people and of demonstrating pride in the power of skill and teamwork. I see it as a unifying agent, not an "opiate."

Parabéns, Brasil!

Dennis