
I think the World Cup is a wonderful moment for people of all countries because we can celebrate peace and the differences between cultures.
I usually watch the games at home with my family and friends, eating popcorn and drinking beer.
I'm not crazy about football.
Brazil will be the winner!
Mariana
4 comments:
"Because we can celebrate peace and the differences between cultures": yes!
The World Cup is more than a series of games, isn't it? — It's a celebration of skill, teamwork, and local pride, not of economic standing or politics.
Parabéns, Brasil!
Dennis
Hi Mariana!
Your reference to world peace made me think of the message my 7-year-old daughter was asked to write in her notebook as the World Cup started:
"The World Cup brings happiness to school because it's the celebration of sport. Let world peace win!"
I don't understand those people who use this as an excuse to build up barriers between countries. Let the best one win!
Gladys, from Argentina
I think I would have to agree with you about not liking football too much. Soccer as it is known here. I do the same thing with my family on Sunday's during our football season.(not the soccer kind) We sit around and drink beer and yell at the television. It is good family time. I think it is great that all the countries can get together and play a sport with such a great history.
-Rebecca-
It's very good to receive the messages!
Well, tomorrow we have the game Brazil x Japan!
Bye, Mariana
Post a Comment