Thanks for your comments! We wanted to show our Brazilian spirit.
Carla

Olá Carlinha!
What a great photo show! It shows the image I still have of Brazilians, 24 years later: lively and colorful, loving to party and, in this case, really rooting for their home team. I also loved the blog. Your kids are adorable. :-)
The only thing really visble thing we do in Portugal is the flag in homes and cars.
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Teresa
_________________________________________________________
Hi, friends.
This blog is fantastic!
I can understand the group support for the Brazilian team and for fútbol as a national symbol.
When I was a young man in the southern part of the state of Illinois in the U.S. (a region that is sometimes "sports crazy"), something similar existed for basketball: when our team (particularly the high school team) was doing very well in tournament play, everyone showed support by wearing team colors, carrying signs, and so on.
The scale wasn't as grand as what you show here, but the sentiment was exactly the same, I think—and everyone, from children in elementary school to grandmothers and grandfathers—became part of the frenzy and demonstration of local pride.
I think your comments on the democratic nature of fútbol are particularly interesting: this is pride based on skill and teamwork, not on economic measures or national standing within the world community.
Very, very interesting.
Dennis
No comments:
Post a Comment