Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Love for the World Cup!













I really love the World Cup. Since I was a child, I love it!

It's a moment to join different people around the world. It's a great moment to know about different cultures. When we know a group of people well, in general, prejudice goes away.

I have a lot of superstitions: I only wear green and yellow clothes. Even my nails become green and yellow! My sneakers, too! I decorate my house for the World Cup, I put a Brazilian flag on my car!

My predictions for the Brazilian Team? I'm afraid! I would like to see Brazil as the champion, but it's difficult! I'm worried after Brazil played against Croatia yesterday. It was very hard! But, I guess, Brazil will surprise us. We have the best soccer players in the world, such as Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Ronaldinho, o Fenômeno, Robinho, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Kaká (the handsome!), among others...

Marilda

4 comments:

Dennis said...

How I've loved reading about your feelings, Marilda!

I can understand your pride in the Brazilian team and the many ways you show support for the team!

Dennis

Dennis said...

How Wonderful!

Pearl

Dennis said...

I just love your nails. The spirit that you all show is amazing.
Christina

Dennis said...

Marilda, I don't even like sports but I know who Ronaldinho is! Several of my students wrote about him last year! : )

Monica Bridges