World Cup is a big thing and I love it as there are so many countries represented and it focus on the great skills of each team.I think the good thing is that economic matters don't prevail. I mean, not the strongest world economic powers are the best, so I feel it 's a more "democratic" world party.
There are so many great teams that it is hard to say what's gonna happen. I love to cheer for Brazil and go to the streets after the games. Schools and the country stop to watch the games, the city is all decorated, there are flags all over, green and yellow t-shirts are a must-have in our wardrobes!
The Brazilian Team is fantastic, but, yesterday, in the game against Croatia it was clear to me that we need more than individual talents. Our Team has to work and play as a group, and this is the beauty of a collective sport.
Not everybody agrees with me, but I guess it's fun to see so many teams representing their countries no matter which belief, religion, economic situation they have!
I've been taking photos around the city and above you can picture the green and yellow state of mind of the Brazilians.
Carla Arena
6 comments:
Olá, Carlinha.
I love the photo! Your "fright wig" and the boys' green-and-yellow hair are really striking statements!
You said, "I think the good thing is that economic matters don't prevail. I mean, not the strongest world economic powers are the best, so I feel it 's a more "democratic" world party." Yes! It's a celebration of national pride and unity, isn't it? — But not pride and unity based on economic standing, political clout, religious and/or cultural elements, and so on. Instead, it's based on skill and collobaration—and all countries have the chance to compete on an "equal playing field."
I'm rooting for Brasil!
Parabéns!
Dennis
Hi,Carla;
This picture is really awesome!!!!
Thanks for posting my pictures.I'll send more after the Sunday game.
Bene.
Carla;
This photo is really awesome!!!!!!
Bene.
Dennis,
I do believe exactly in what you pointed out! Skill and collaboration are the keys to go on in the World Cup. The Brazilian team hasn´t convinced us yet, but it is getting better!
Bené,
I want to see how you are celebrating there in Oregon!
Carla
Oí, Carlinha.
Well, there's always next year. Everyone knows about the high level of interest in the World Cup in Brazil and everyone also knows that the Brasileiros have some very fine players. Maybe next year the fine players will also function better as a team.
Take care—
Dennis
Hi great reading your bllog
Post a Comment